Monday, June 21, 2010

EXCURSION TO THE ROCKS

We went to our second excursion on 4 May this year. It was to The Rocks. This was the first time I went to the city by myself and bought a tickets by myself. It is a very memorable day for me.

It was a beautiful morning. On that day, our teacher and all the students had to met at the Kogarah station at 9.15 am and we had to catch the train at 9.35 am. But unfortunately I missed the train because I reached there at 9.30 am and there was a long queue at the ticket counter.When I came down to the platform the train was left. Fortunately I met Keye and Nazma at the station who also missed the train otherwise I could not be able to reach to the city. We caught the next train and changed the train at Town Hall station. Here we met Marion and other students. We reached at Circular Quay around 10.15 am. After reaching there the first thing that caught our mind was a man who was wearing a some special uniform. Marion told us that this man is pretending as Captain Cook who discovered Australia.

After this we went to a place from where we saw a very beautiful view of Sydney Harbour. We took some photos here. Then we went to the Cadman's Cottage which is one of the oldest buildings of Sydney. It was build in 1816. Here we saw some information of the people who lived there. Then we went to the Rocks Discovery Museum. In this Museum we came to know the histories of Cadigal and Colonial period. Here we took a lot of photos of the things that the ancient people had used.

After visiting The Rocks Discovery Museum it was time for our lunch. We had lunch together. After our lunch we start walking to look at some historical places. While we were walking we some old buildings. Marion told us some architectural facts of these buildings. Then we went to Susannah Place which was built in 1844. Now this building is using as Museum & Shop. But when we went there it was closed. Again we started walking. now we saw a old well which was built in 1810 to provide fresh water. after few minutes of walk we saw a wall where there was some paintings of old times. Here we took some fun photos. Then some old Bars of Sydney. At 1.20 pm we started for station. While we were walking for the station we saw some Aboriginal people performing their traditional music and dance. Their music was very attractive. We reached at the station at 1.30 pm and caught the train at 1.35 pm. We reached at Kogarah station at 1.15 pm.

It was great experience for me. I learned many things from this Excursion. Now I can buy a ticket by myself and can go to the city alone. And I also came to know about Australian history and culture. To me it was a very useful Excursion. I will always remember this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment